Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day Four- Cake Wrecks

I feel like its time to introduce you to one of my all time favorite blogs...ever.

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

What is a Cake Wreck you ask? Jen the blogs writer describes it as... "any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places."

Let me tell you this girl is hilarious!! I check out her blog everyday and depending on the day of the week I'm either Ooohhh and Ahhh ing or laughing so hard I can't breathe.
So as if a Blog is not enough Cake Wrecks also has a book out which you can find here on Amazon.
Its FULL of all your favorites plus more that you don't get to see on her blog- defiantly worth checking out.

SOOOO I told you all of that to tell you this: Cake Wrecks is doing a book signing in La Jolla CA, next month on the 27th!!! Not only are these books signing fun and incredibly entertaining BUT.......

{ Drum Roll}...................



...............Are you Ready for This???

A Cup Cake Contest!!!! Yes.... For each of her book signings they have a cupcake contest where fans recreate their favorite cake wrecks in cupcake form. I'm way Excited!!!!

The Plan is to recreate the story of Amber in a cliff notes cup cake version....
You should check it out - The Story Of Amber
I would post it here but its some pretty Adult Content and I failed to get permission to do so.

Rummage through Cake Wrecks and if you find a better cake wreck than 'The Story of Amber' I should make for the contest then write me a comment and let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment